July 15, 2009

Hot hot heat.

I get Severe Weather Alerts emailed to me, got this in my Inbox this morning...


THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LAS VEGAS HAS ISSUED AN EXCESSIVE
HEAT WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
FRIDAY EVENING FOR AREAS BELOW 4000 FEET IN THE MOJAVE DESERT.

VERY HOT WEATHER WILL CONTINUE THROUGH THE WEEK...WITH
TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TO PEAK ON FRIDAY. FORECAST HIGHS ON FRIDAY
INCLUDE 111 IN LAS VEGAS...116 TO 118 ALONG THE COLORADO RIVER AS
WELL AS IN MESQUITE AND OVERTON
...105 IN KINGMAN...109 TO 111 IN
BARSTOW AND TWENTYNINE PALMS...AND 122 IN DEATH VALLEY.


Tomorrow I have to irrigate during the day, with an expected high of 112... Its supposed to be 110+ everyday for the rest of the month at this point. This is why I carry a book bag on me with a 64oz water bladder inside, with a hose connected to it that I can drink out of while working, a goofy looking hat that keeps the sun off my face and shoulders, and sun screen. Looking forward to Winter, with highs in the 70's and 80's!

It's still not as bad as a 95 degree day in Indiana, where it has rained the night before with 70% humidity in the air. But I generally stay out of the sun during the peak of the day, which is basically any time after 11AM until its dark, even so its over a 100 degrees for a few hours after dark.