May 29, 2009

21st Birthday in Vegas



Before we headed into Vegas to celebrate my 21st Birthday, we stopped near The Valley of Fire National park for a quick hike. We checked out that cave, and then went to the top.



Inside the cave.




Still inside the cave, looking out to Lake Mead and the valley below.




From the very top of the hill. I hesitate to say mountain because it was pretty small for a mountain, but yet very large for a hill.



The Lake, very low, in the distance.



Just hanging out in the desert.



Same deal.

Enough of that, lets go to Vegas!



With no actual plan, we just decided it would be best to just walk around. Let the fun find us, rather than us find the fun. While walking, a homeless man told us he was going to check out this free live band, so we decided that would be a good place to start the night.... It was under this giant structure with a video ceiling, here are a few more photos of that area:




Not sure of the name of the place, but it had a crazy ceiling that was forever changing.









Stratosphere, some castle (cant remember the name), New York New York, Treasure Island and other things....


Quarter slots aren't high yielders. I quit gambling when I was about $7 in the hole.


Don't let these photos fool you. Its my 21st, I have been drinking. Here's another! A nice, Big Lebowski inspired White Russian. At $8.25, I decided they were selling me the glass the beverage was served in, because I sure as hell took it.


More of downtown.



Paris





This is inside the Venetian, I think. Its under the Eiffel Tower, and as you can see has a day themed ceiling.




I had to work the next morning, at 7AM so the night was ended early before we were able to actually explore most of Vegas, but its only 60 miles away so there will be more trips in the future.